October 2021 Newsletter - Part 2
Waterlooville Men's Shed
So that is my potted story. I have been very lucky to have had two jobs I really enjoy and the opportunity to experience a wide range of positions and events through my life too.
3. Perhaps there are some members who would like to share their story with fellow members. Just email them to me for any future newsletter and I will get them included. We all have a story to tell, so get fingers to keyboards or pen to paper!
4. Since opening fully there have been numerous membership enquiries and some have signed up as members now and on behalf of the committee I would like to give you a warm welcome. The interest shows our Shed has a place in the local community, providing what ever a member wants to take out or put in to our Shed.
5. Remember to keep the photos and updates coming in of the projects you are working on to be included in newsletters.
6. As stated in the AGM minutes, inductions will resume to ensure safe operation of the Shed tools and equipment as and when a qualified member is able to carry out the safety requirement for members. I thank those members who take on this role to ensure maximum use of the group assets are used safely.
7. The popular monthly BBQ’s continued with 1st October being the latest event followed by a free raffle. As suggested at the AGM we will be staggering the day of the BBQ to the first weekday of each month to ensure everyone enjoys the delights of a burger and/or sausage. Therefore some early dates for your diaries as follows:-
Mon 1st November 2021
Tue 7th December 2021
Wed 5th January 2022
Thurs 3rd February 2022
Fri 4th March 2022
Further dates will be promulgated in future newsletters. The monthly committee meeting however will remain on the first Friday of the month.
8. A further date for next year is 16th February 2022 where we have been invited to join Berewood Women’s Institute (Waterlooville) for an evening assembling our pre-cut bird feeders. They promise to provide tea and stickies on the evening. Not sure what a stickie is? ask any ex RN member in the Shed and he will enlighten you. John would be a good place to start being an ex-supply officer in the RN. I will be putting up a notice nearer the time for names willing to join for the evening. Having experienced many WI meetings with my talks and I can assure you the quality of refreshments is spot on.
9. Subscriptions for membership have been coming in regularly now and we thank you all for that. The treasurer is in the process of switching banks after they started imposing charges on our account. Please note that when you hopefully come to renew next year, the account sort code and account number will be different. The new account is now open and the Treasurer has provided the new account details.
Sort code 52 30 04 Account 30654238 Waterlooville Men’s Shed for those paying in future by BACS
10. At the time of writing there have been no nominations for the post of Social Secretary. Could this be a chance for someone to come forward with ideas to provide social outside activities? One activity being planned is the annual Christmas dinner. Date will be 10th December 2021. Time tbc. Members and partners will be subsidised More details of menu etc to follow. Watch the Shed noticeboard for a list to append your name to give us an idea of numbers. We need to know by the end of this month.
11. Also I have submitted a grant request for the Shed with the ASDA foundation and received an email saying the application had gone through and we just have to wait to see if we have been successful or not. I’ll keep you updated.
See part 3....................
Find Waterlooville Men's Shed
Padnell Road, Cowplain, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 8EH
Turn into the road to Padnel Junior School. It is the white building on the left, just before the grass.